The City of Pawnee Rock provides three utilities – Water, Sewer, and Garbage Collection.

Note: Electricity and Gas are provided directly from Midwest Energy.  You can visit the Midwest Energy website or call them at 620-792-1301.

Their office is located at:

1025 Patton Road
Great Bend, KS 67530

Consumer Confidence Reports

Note: 2015 is the first year this report has been made available online.

Common Utility FAQ’s

Turning Services On and Off

How Do I Get My Utilities Turned On?

To turn on utilities for a residence served by the City of Pawnee Rock, you must fill out a Service Application and pay a one-time setup fee of $60.  Make sure to bring your Driver’s Licence and Social Security Card with you when turning in the application.

Where Can I Get a Utility Service Application?

Utility service applications are available at the City Office.  You can also download the Service Application form online, fill it out, and turn it in when you pay the $60 one-time setup fee.

How Do I Get Trash Totes?

If you need a trash tote (bin), you can contact the City Office in person or by phone.  There is a $1.00 per month charge per tote.

How Do I Turn Off My Utilities?

To turn off your utilities, you need to contact the City Clerk in person or by phone.  When possible, let the City Clerk know you intend on shutting of your utilities 3 days in advance.  This will ensure your final bill will be ready and available the day you actually turn off your utilities.

Are There Any Restrictions to Getting Utility Services Turned On?

Typically there are no restrictions which would prevent you from being able to get your utility services turned on.  The one exception is if you still have an unpaid balance from a Pawnee Rock utility account.  If you still owe a balance on a previous account, it must be paid in full before your new utility services will be turned on.

Transferring Utilities

How Do I Transfer My Utilities from My Old Address to My New Address?

If your account is in good standing, all you need to do is contact the City Office.  There is no connection or re-connection fee associated with an account transfer from one residence to another if your account is in good standing.  Please contact the City Office several days in advance so a final water meter reading can be taken before your utilities are transferred to a new address.  If you use the Trash Service, let the City Office know about this as well so your trash service can be activated at your new address.


When Are Utility Bills Mailed?

Utility bills will be mailed on the first business day of each month.

What is the Due Date for Paying My Utility Bill?

Utility bill payments must be received by the 25th of each month.  If the 25th falls on a weekend or holiday, the payment must be made by the next business day.

If payment is not made by the 25th, a 10% late fee will be added to the balance plus a $5.00 flat fee.

Why Did I Receive a Shut-Off Notice?

Shut-off notices are mailed on the 26th of each month.  They will include the current balance owed, including the 10% late fee plus $5.00 flat fee.  Once the shut-off notice is sent, you have until the date listed to pay your balance in full.  If you do not pay your balance in full, your utility services will be shut-off.

How Do I Get My Utilities Turned Back On?

If your utilities are turned of due to non-payment, then you must pay the balance in full to have your utility service restored.  There is also an additional $60 re-connection fee which must be payed as well.